Home Insurance Declarations
You qualify for an instant online quote if:
- All external doors are fitted with appropriate locking mechanisms.
- All French doors, patio doors and windows are fitted with appropriate security locks.
- Contents of €100,000 and over require an alarm in the property.
- The proposer(s) are the owner(s) of the property or where the property is rented only, the proposer(s) are the owner(s) of the contents.
For customers where Property usage is Let by you
- The property is occupied by tenants.
- The property is not occupied by students.
- There is a formal rental agreement for a period of no less than 12 months in place directly between the proposer(s) and the tenant(s).
- The premises is in a good state of repair and it will be maintained and is free from all signs of internal or external cracking.
- The premises is constructed entirely of brick, stone or concrete, or, is timber framed and clad entirely in brick, stone or concrete.
- The roof is constructed (at least 80%) with one of the following standard materials: slate, tile or concrete.
- The total area of flat or non-standard roof does not exceed 20% of the total roof area and is constructed with one of the following materials: felt on timber, trocol or asphalt.
- The proposer(s) currently hold or have they held, home insurance for these premises (or contents if the Proposer is a tenant) within the last 12 months or are a first time buyer(s).
- The premises not more than 100 years old.
- The premises is not unoccupied nor will it be unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days in any one year.
- The premises is not undergoing any construction or renovation works.
- The premises is not a listed building or subject to a preservation order.
- The premises is not located on a site which exceeds 2 acres in size.
- The premises is not used in connection with any commercial activities.
- The premises has never suffered loss or damage as a result of flooding, whether insured or not, or is there a history of flooding in the area.
- The premises has never suffered loss or damage as a result of subsidence, heave or landslip, whether insured or not, or is there a history of subsidence, heave or landslip in the area.
- The premises has never been monitored for subsidence, heave or landslip
- The premises has never been the subject of a survey which mentions subsidence, heave or landslip.
- The premises has never been underpinned.
- Neither you, or anyone residing with you, have made more than two household insurance claims in the last
3 years totalling more than €5,000. Note: This includes any household claims or losses:
- made against you
- made in connection with the property being proposed; or
- made in connection with any other properties owned or occupied, at any time, by any of the
- proposers; or
- previously paid out by Zurich.
- Neither you, or anyone residing with you, have ever been refused or declined insurance or had any special terms, restrictions or conditions imposed by an insurer. (this includes any refusal of insurance or special terms, restrictions or conditions previously imposed by Us). Examples include increased excess and reduced level of policy cover.
- Neither you, or anyone residing with you, have ever been cautioned for, convicted of, or charged but not yet tried for, a criminal offence. This does not apply in respect of spent convictions under the 'Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016' or driving offences under the Road Traffic Acts.
- The Sum insured proposed represents the full replacement cost as new of the property to be insured subject to an allowance for wear and tear in respect of clothing, furs and linen.
- You confirm that all questions asked in connection with this application for insurance have been answered honestly and with reasonable care and any information voluntarily provided has been provided honestly and with reasonable care. (Note: The Statement of Fact that will be issued to the Policyholder will accurately record the information which they or anyone acting on their behalf has provided in advance of the inception or renewal of this Policy)
Failure to disclose material facts could result in your policy being invalidated/cancelled, a claim not being paid or difficulty for you in obtaining insurance in the future. Material facts are those facts which might influence the acceptance or assessment of your proposal. If you are in doubt as to whether a fact is material you should disclose it.
In the event that you do not meet all the above criteria, unfortunately this web page cannot give you a quote.
Please note it is of utmost importance that you check your buildings and contents sums insured to verify you have them insured for the correct reinstatement value, as failure to do so may result in your claim settlement being reduced. For information on rebuilding costs please visit the Society of Chartered Surveyors website.
Our primary form of contact is by email and all documents are sent by email. We can post them to you but there is a small charge for this.